If you are disabled in southern California, you cannot work, and you need to receive Social Security disability benefits, the first thing you should do is speak to an experienced Los Angeles Social Security disability attorney. If you’ve already applied for benefits, you probably still need a disability attorney’s help; it’s a difficult process fraught with delays, obstacles, and confusion. Here are some of the reasons you should work with a disability attorney:
1. Compiling the evidence: The way to win a Social Security disability claim is to develop and present sufficient medical evidence of your disability. A good disability attorney will help you develop the claim and obtain the evidence you need.
2. Developing a winning strategy: Based upon your impairments, employment history, age, education level, and the Social Security Administration’s disability evaluation process, a good disability attorney will develop a strategy for winning the benefits you need.
3. Staying on track: A good disability attorney will file your appeals, help you accurately complete all the paperwork, and ensure that you don’t miss any deadlines.
4. Representing you: A good disability attorney will represent you at an administrative hearing and explain to the judge why your disability prevents you from being employed. Prior to any hearing, your attorney should prepare you for your testimony and for the questions a judge is likely to ask.
5. Telling your story: Everyone’s disability happened differently. Your struggle and your personal story can be the most persuasive evidence of your disability.
6. Peace of mind: Trying to obtain Social Security disability benefits can be genuinely frustrating. Was the form completed accurately? Did I give the wrong answer? Do I have the right medical evidence? In southern California, when an experienced Los Angeles Social Security disability lawyer handles your claim, you can rest assured that nothing has been overlooked and that it’s in good hands. If you need to receive disability benefits, call a good Los Angeles Social Security disability attorney today.